Monday 4 January 2016

2015 Makeup Favourites


Hello again. Today I will be talking about the make-up that I enjoyed using throughout 2015. I have tried a selection of products and have chosen a few to feature today.


1. The first product I will talk about is my The Body Shop Instablur. I mentioned this primer in yesterday's post so I will be quick. This is a great primer which leaves your skin feeling very soft in preparation for foundation application (haha, that rhymes). I would recommend this to people who get slightly shiny throughout the day, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up on someone who is more oily.

2. If you are looking for a good high street BB cream I would recommend you try this one by Boots, from their Botanics range. It gives a light coverage and a nice, radiant finish. This is perfect for days when you don't feel like wearing vast quantities of heavy make-up. It contains an SPF of 30 which is really great!

3. This foundation from No.7, from the Stay Perfect range, is fantastic! It can give a light coverage or you can built it up to cover more on the days that you need it. For me it looks just like skin, and it doesn't go weird and cakey throughout the day. They offer quite a wide shade range as well.


1. This is my Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set. The kit comes with two different shades of powder, a lighter one and a darker, which is handy for if you want a gradient colour affect on your brows. The product is very cheap (£2.49) and does the job brilliantly. 

2. My second eyebrow product is the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow pencil. On one end you will find a fine tip that distributes the product just where you want it. The product blends in to look like your natural eye brows. On the other end is a spoolie that can be used to get rid off any harsh drawing lines. I love this product!



I love this eye palette I bought this year. It is the Kat Von D Monarch eye shadow palette. The palette contains 12 beautiful shades that can be used everyday for a natural look. My favourite colours are the golden shade 'summerfly', the pinky shade 'killing jar' and the vibrant red shade 'wrath'. I LOVE the pigmentation of these shades, and I feel like the palette includes plenty of natural, everyday shades. I would definitely recommend this palette to anyone!


My favourite mascara of this year has been the Benefit Roller  Lash. I had heard mixed reviews about this product but I decided the purchase it after I enjoyed the They're Real mascara. First of all, the packaging is gorgeous! I love the shade of pink. I think this mascara does a nice job of curling and lengthening my lashes.

My next recommendation is this cream blush palette by the brand Makeup Revolution. First of all, it cost me £6. That's so cheap! The set displays a nice array of blushes, from natural pinks to more vibrant ones. There are also a couple of more red based shades. I like how many blushes I have to choose from when using this palette. The blushes blend very nicely on the skin and leaves a beautiful hint of colour.

My last favourite is this Sephora Cream Lip Stain in the shade 13, Marvellous Mauve. The colour of this particular lip product is a pretty pinky mauve(as the name suggests). I am impressed with this lip colour because it has a nice amount of longevity. I do have to touch it up during the day but it stays on mostly. I believe the product wasn't too expensive either. If you have access to these lip stains I would suggest you try them out!

And that's it! I hope you had a nice, or at least decent 2015. Remember if your year was bad you have the opportunity to try again in 2016. Good luck and happy new year! Please comment if you enjoyed this post. I would love some feedback in terms of how I can make my posts better.

-Jessica Jayne


MORE POSTS

2 comments: