Sunday 26 June 2016

June Favourites 2016

I'm very relived that it is almost the end of June since it means that it's almost time for my summer holidays- I only have three more weeks before I can say goodbye to school for a few weeks. Today I thought I would talk about some of the things I have been loving this month, some beauty and some other random items. 

Beauty


The first two products I want to talk about are both from The Body Shop which I bought using a voucher from Christmas (surprised it lasted this long to be honest). Pictured on the left is the Moisture-Protect Emulsion. Basically it is a daily moisturiser with built in SPF 30. I love this because it is a very lightweight formula, which makes it especially good for the summer months when we don't want endless amounts of product building up on the skin. I also love it because of the sun protection. I aim to wear sun cream every day as I think it is so important to protect your skin- I love that this product does it whilst moisturising too!
The second product shown on the right is the Instaglow CC Cream in the shade Bright Light, which is recommended for light skin. I don't need coverage, and I love the glowy look so this product is perfect for me. I apply it at the high points of the face and am left with a radiant glow. This product also comes with SPF 20 which makes it convenient to not have to wear sun cream as well as this product. If you don't like looking glowy then I would stay away from this product, but if you enjoy the dewy look then go for this product.


This is the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner. It is a felt pen formula and at first glance looks like any old eyeliner, and I thought the same until the other day. I was in my boyfriend's hot tub and he thought it was a great idea to wipe my eyes. Expecting to see my eyeliner completely running down my face, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had barely budged at all- very impressive in my opinion! 

I spoke about this product in yesterday's blogpost, if you want to check out my mini Nyx haul then click here. One of the products mentioned was the Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade 'Cannes'. This is the lip colour that I've been reaching for very frequently when I just want a simple lipstick that I can trust to stay on. The formula is very thin in my opinion so it feels silky and even on the lips but at the same time provides a pigmented, even colour. Also, when the product fades it doesn't leave a strange looking ring around the outside of the lips. 


To move on from makeup, this is a shower gel that I have been enjoying. This is the Original Source shower gel in the Vanilla and Raspberry scent. This shower gel is so cheap; I bought it for £1 on offer but I'm sure it doesn't cost a lot more than that usually. I find a lot of shower gels irritate my skin, but this one doesn't which is great. This product is cruelty free (like all of the products I buy these days) and vegan which I think is really important. The scent is so beautiful and refreshing; just the thing for summer. 

My last beauty product is the Lee Stafford Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length. What a long name. In spite of this, I truly think that this product is helping my hair grow! Even if not, it helps to keep my hair in brilliant condition, even with the amount of heat I use on my hair. I would recommend this highly if you want to improve the condition of your hair. 


Style

These are the Topshop Jamie jeans in blue with rips in the knees. I had never had a pair of blue jeans and always stuck to black but when I tried these on I knew I could pull them off. Also, they are the comfiest jeans ever and fit tightly, which is what I look for. Although they are a little expensive, I think they're worth the money because you will only need a couple of pairs, whereas with other cheaper jeans I would buy them but never wear them due to them being uncomfortable. I am very impressed with these. 

Lifestyle

This could be a strange favourite to some, but I have been loving plants recently. I like how they bring life to a room and finish it off perfectly. I bought these two from Ikea and have managed to keep them alive throughout the month; they require next to no water. 

That was all my favourites for this month. What have your favourites been? Please let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment